- Avoid massive queues at popular museums/attractions by pre-purchasing tickets online for fast-track entry.
- If you’re hitting a lot of museums, invest in an I Amsterdam Card (iamsterdam.com), which includes a canal cruise and public transport.
- Amsterdam is a safe city but watch out for pickpockets, especially where there are crowds of tourists.
- Look both ways when crossing bike lanes (marked with white lines and bicycle symbols) and never walk along them.
- Many businesses don’t accept non-European credit cards – check first.